World Congress FAQs
Which airports are close to the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort?
- Tucson International Airport (TUS) – 25 miles South
- Phoenix International Airport (PHX) – 120 miles North - Not recommended
Transportation to and from Tucson International Airport?
Taxi – available at all times. The cost is about $55 to $60 one way.
Sedan Service – can be reserved for you by calling Loews Ventana Resort (520-299-2020). A driver will meet you in the baggage claim area of the airport (they will hold up a sign with your name on it) at your scheduled arrival time and drive you to the Resort. The cost is $59 one way.
Arizona Stagecoach Shuttle – this shuttle services multiple hotels, so you may be making other stops before you reach Ventana Canyon. Here is a direct link to make a reservation with Arizona Stagecoach Shuttle. http://azstagecoach.hudsonltd.net/res?USERIDENTRY=WORLD&LOGON=GO Or you may call them at 520-889-1000 to make a reservation. Our group ID is WORLD (CASE SENSITIVE, for World Congress on Illumination). Our discounted group rate is:
- 1 person – $38 one-way or $74 round trip
- Each additional person with same itinerary – $4 one-way or $8 round trip.
Follow the overhead “Shared Ride Vans” signs. The Arizona Stagecoach counter is downstairs near baggage claim.
When does the conference begin and what time should I arrive?
The Opening Ceremony of Light begins at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug 10th. Hotel check-in time is 2:00 p.m. It is a good idea to arrive at the hotel the afternoon of the 10th so you can get your registration materials and settle into your room.
What is a good time to schedule my departing flight?
Thursday has a morning session only followed by lunch. Past experience has shown us that a 4:00 p.m. or later flight departure on Thursday, Aug 15th, will allow you to fully enjoy the closing ceremonies and the farewell luncheon.
When does registration start at the hotel?
- Registration for the World Congress will be August 10th from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the room 2205. The front desk will direct you to that location.
- There will be two more registration times in the evening for those arriving later. They will be in Kiva B, next door to the meeting room, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. and for 30 minutes following the closing of the Opening Ceremony of Light.
- The registration table will also be open each morning for additional registrations. You will receive your program, name tag and meal tickets at registration.
What is the general format of the conference?
- Breakfast buffet is from 7:00 – 8:30 a.m. Our program runs each morning from 9 a.m. to noon, followed by a 2-hour lunch break.
- The afternoon session is from 2:00 p.m. to approximately 5:00 p.m. A half-hour break is scheduled each morning and afternoon. We have many wonderful speakers and musicians to enjoy throughout the week.
Can I stay at a different hotel and still attend the conference?
By having all our attendees stay at the hotel with the room and meal package, we are able to pay for the large conference room needed for this important event. For this reason, in order to be fair to the people who are covering the expenses by staying at the resort, attendees are not allowed to stay at other hotels.
Will there be any free time during the conference?
We like to have a flow of activities and time to just rest and be. We take a two hour lunch break each day and Monday and Tuesday evenings will be free.
Can I get a schedule of the speakers and events that will be at the World Congress?
We do not promote the presenters at the World Congress on Illumination because this particular conference is not about the presenters. It is about fulfilling the mission. We do, however, always have very enlightened and dedicated presenters and musicians. This is a life-transforming event for everyone involved.
How can I arrange to stay at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort hotel before or after the dates of the conference?
We will make all arrival and departure reservations with the hotel on your behalf.
To contact us: phone – (520) 885-7909, email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT call the hotel directly to change arrival and departure dates.
Can you tell me more about the meals?
As part of the package price of the World Congress on Illumination breakfast is included each day and either lunch or dinner, depending on our planned activities. All meals are vegetarian, but not vegan. Eggs and dairy are included. Please let us know in advance if you have special dietary requirements.
Other Hotel Information
- Iron and Ironing Board in-room
- Hair dryer in-room
- Coffee/tea in-room
- Laundry service
- High-speed Internet access ~ available for a daily rate of $10.95 US
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and lobby area
- Pets allowed (2 max) with $25 cleaning fee
- On-site parking, free
- Car Rental through concierge
Are handicapped rooms available?
Yes, please contact The New Age Study of Humanity’s Purpose and we can arrange for special room requirements. Letting us know early will ensure availability of the appropriate room for you.
Is there a dress code?
We suggest resort casual attire. The temperatures outside may be fairly warm. All indoor venues will be air-conditioned, and a sweater is sometimes desired since what is comfortable to one may be chilly to another. Wednesday evening will include music and dancing.
Do you accept all credit cards?
Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
What is your cancellation policy?
We accept cancellations up through Aug 4, 2011. There is a $200.00 nonrefundable processing fee for each cancelled registration and the rest of your payment will be refunded.